The Bursars Professional Certificate (BPC) is a vocation-based designation which indicates mastery in the Bursars and Student Financial Services Profession. The BPC program is recommended for current bursars, bursars office staff/cashiers, collections, accounting staff and controllers.
PDG has teamed up with Darla Freeborn for the instructional design of the BPC program.
Darla Freeborn has been the Manager of Student Accounting Services at Whitworth University in Spokane, Washington, for over 16 years. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in History Education and a Master’s degree in Education Administration. Darla oversees the operations of the University cashier, student accounts and collections, and the Perkins and Institutional Loan office. During the last several years, she oversaw the implementation of several e-commerce and paperless applications. She currently serves on Whitworth’s Educational Review Board, Retention Task Force, Financial Literacy Team, and several other committees. She regularly presents information at on-campus student financial literacy and orientation sessions. Prior to joining the staff of Whitworth University, Darla was involved in business and industry. She was the staff accountant for a heavy highway construction company and the plant manager in a manufacturing facility.
- Leadership skills – teambuilding, conflict management, employee evaluations/goal setting
- Regulations – FERPA, GLBA, Red Flag, TILA/Reg. Z, PCI Compliance
- Tax Forms – 1098T, 1098E, 1042S, Form 8300
- Daily operations – Accounts receivable management, payment trends & PCI compliance, ACH information, financial aid updates, VA benefits, collections/due diligence, skiptracing, bankruptcy, customer service, internal controls, cashiering/money handling, fraud, safety & security.
Benefits of the program
- Be recognized as an expert in your profession
- Better employment opportunities may be possible
- Professional recognition
- Employers will see you as an asset
- Demonstrate that you are qualified to do your job
- Demonstrate that you are dedicated to improving your knowledge level
- Become more familiar with all aspects of the position
- Stay up to date with regulations and current issues
How to get Certified
- Purchase the materials for your certificate - $590.00
- Listen to each audio session and follow along with the corresponding handout
- Complete each audio session evaluation with 80% or greater accuracy
- Use the BPC insignia on your resume and professional profiles
- Flaunt your BPC lapel pin at future Bursars Conferences and industry events
All PDG Certificate Programs are limited to Staff in the Higher Education Field