The Higher Education Treasury Expertise Certificate (TEC) program is an online Treasury Basics Certificate that once complete indicates a mastery in the Higher Education Treasury and Financial Management best practices. The program is recommended for current treasury analysts, management analysts, budget analysts, accountants, cashiers, treasury supervisors, treasury managers and many other job titles the pertain to the treasury management and finance functions on a typical higher education campus.
Professional Development Group (PDG) has teamed up with Mark Krawczyk and Jim Washam for the instructional design of the program.
Mark Krawczyk has over thirty-five years of management experience spanning two centuries in banking, corporate and municipal finance, treasury operations and human resources. Mark is the principal and owner of his own firm, CZYK & Associates. Through his company, Mark provides a unique insight into the workings of treasury operations, change management strategies, ACH applications, and financial/ treasury management strategies to clients and audiences around the country. Through numerous writings, lectures, seminars and speaking engagements, Mark brings a unique, insightful and, many times, humorous perspective to a number of issues facing corporate America today.
Mark is a CTP (Certified Treasury Professional), has twice served on the Board of Directors of the Association for Financial Professionals (AFP), and has served for 17 years as a faculty member for the Graduate School of Banking at LSU in Baton Rouge. He is actively sought as an entertaining and informative conference keynote speaker and as a knowledgeable practitioner (some might even say an expert) on treasury management, ACH applications, financial operations and change management issues across the country.
Mark received both his undergraduate degree and MBA from Oklahoma State University.
Jim Washam, Ph.D., CTP, FP&A, has been a member of the finance faculty at Arkansas State University since 1989 and currently holds the McAdams Frierson Professorship in Bank Management. He has served in administrative positions within the College of Business for 16 years, including 8 years as Associate Dean and two years as Interim Dean. Jim is a member of the Arkansas State University Foundation Joint Committee on University Investments and the Arkansas State University System Retirement Plan Committee.
Jim’s primary teaching and research areas are treasury management and financial risk management. His work in the areas of liquidity management, financial risk management and derivative securities has been published in national and international journals and he has served as a subject matter expert for numerous treasury and finance books. Jim is co-editor of Essentials of Treasury Management, 5th edition.
In addition to his duties at Arkansas State, Jim has approximately 20 years of experience in the design and delivery of treasury management training programs. His clients have included multinational corporations, community banks, municipal governments, global financial institutions, and universities. These projects have focused primarily on cash, liquidity and risk management.
- Financial concepts in higher education
- Understanding the payments system in the U.S.
- Understanding how collecting payments happens in the U.S.
- Disbursement practices for higher education
- Electronic commerce applications on campuses now
- Managing debt in higher education
- Managing investments in higher education
- Budgeting processes for higher education
- Forecasting cash flows on campus
- How to manage financial service provider relationships
Benefits of the program
- Be recognized as an expert in your profession
- Better employment opportunities may be possible
- Professional recognition
- Employers will see you as an asset
- Demonstrate that you are qualified to do your job
- Demonstrate that you are dedicated to improving your knowledge level
- Become more familiar with all aspects of the position
- Stay up to date with regulations and current issues
How to get Certified
- Purchase the materials for your certificate for $425.00
- Listen to each audio session and follow along with corresponding handout
- Complete each audio session evaluation with 80% or greater accuracy
- Use the TEC insignia on your resume and professional profiles
- Flaunt your TEC lapel pin at future Collections Conferences and industry events
All PDG Certificate Programs are limited to Staff in the Higher Education Field